National Committee on American Foreign Policy
Program Coordinator & Assistant to the President
The Program Coordinator’s primary areas of responsibility include administrative assistance for the organization’s President, coordinating staff and board meetings, program development, event planning for public programs and closed-door meetings, membership development, and database management.
- Track record of collaborative and organizational skills
- Strong research, writing, communication, critical reasoning and computer skills
- Microsoft Office, WordPress, NonProfitEasy or Raiser’s Edge experience helpful
- 1 – 2 years of experience in events planning, customer service or experience in a membership organization
- Energetic, outgoing personality and entrepreneurial spirit highly desirable
- College degree required, preferably in International Relations or Public Policy
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be available to start immediately
- Must have a working knowledge of international relations and U.S. foreign policy
- Provides administrative assistance to the President and other senior staff as requested
- Coordinates assignments of a sensitive nature, including planning events with foreign dignitaries, high-level officials, and foreign policy experts
- Handles logistics for NCAFP public programs and represents the organization at these programs, many of which are held in the evenings
- Arranges meetings with the organization’s Executive Committee, Board of Trustees, Programming and Membership Committee and others; compiles program-related information and materials for committee meetings
- Works with bookkeeper and treasurer to process all payments and monitor expenses.
- Manages membership registrations and annual renewals; maintains membership database records
- Designs electronic invitations, membership renewal emails, and newsletters; drafts and edits press releases and other written material for public relations purposes
- Manages basic website updates and coordinates larger website revisions
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Program Coordinator in the subject line by March 6th.